Name:
Location: Des Moines, Washington, United States

Thursday, February 09, 2012

Marriage Equality bill Passes WA State Senate & House

Yay for Washington State. The Marriage Equality Bill has passed both the House and the Senate, and is on tap to be signed into law by Governor Gregoire by Valentines Day. I can't tell you how excited I am by this passage. I may be a straight lady, but I bleed rainbows. Everyone in this world deserves to be treated with equality and respect and dignity. This law takes a big step in that direction. I want to personally thank each and every member of the Washington State Congress who voted for this bill. You will have my vote in November. I also want to thank Governor Gregoire for her couragous voice.

For those of you who disagree with this for religious reasons, I am religious (UCC) and I have studied a lot about what the Bible says. It doesn't say what you think it says. (Or what you want it to say). The link below may provide an interesting bit of history that has been pretty thoroughly suppressed.

http://www.christianity-revealed.com/cr/files/whensamesexmarriagewasachristianrite.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home