Name:
Location: Des Moines, Washington, United States

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Kitty Affection

My cat loves me. Well, I should say Kyle's cat loves me. I'm not sure this is normal affection or something bordering on obsession, but the cat couldn't care less. He disappears during the day, and shows up just before I get home. He then wanders around rubbing up against my legs until I pick him up and drape him over my shoulder. If I sit down, he jumps onto my lap. He then rubs hs face against mine, licks my cheek, sniffs my mouth and nose, noses into my neck, and basically insists on being petted. Then the other day, he did something unusual. He visited my husband. Ed is not a real cat lover. He tolerates them, but would be just as happy not having to vaccume up cat hair all the time. The cat turned to him, stretched his front paws out until they were on his arm, then stepped over till he was on Ed's chest. (That is what Ed gets for slouching on the couch.) Then the cat did a half circle, and presented his butt to Ed's face, tail straight up. Then he just stood there. Ed's face was about two inches away from cat butt. Being the supportive person that I am, I'm sure you know what I did next. Yes indeed. I laughed myself silly. I cried, I was laughing so hard. I almost wet myself. Neither of them moved. For some reason, Ed wasn't laughing though. The look on his face just made me laugh harder.

I finally reached over and "rescued" my cat from what was probably an imminent toss across the room. No, the cat was not trying to spray. He was just standing there, letting Ed admire his backside. I'm sure the view was inspiring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home